- Stale content that never changes.
- Obsolete or outdated articles, price sheets and other information.
- Poor spelling, grammar or punctuation.
- Website graphics take too long to download.
- Poor image quality. Pictures aren't clear or look amateurish.
- Incompatibility. Your site won't work on all browsers or needs special plug-ins.
- Confusing navigation or lack of navigation.
- Excessive scroll. Pages are too long forcing visitors to scroll excessively.
- No clear message or purpose. Visitors can't easily determine what a website is all about.
- Sensory overload. Too many bells and whistles including: flashing graphics, audio clips, animations, numerous type styles, busy background patterns, and inappropriate use of Flash.
- Inconsistent style. The visual scheme of your website should be consistent throughout all pages.
- Being pushy! Don't force visitors to register or provide personal information unless necessary.
- Broken links will reduce the credibility of any website.
- No specific person is assigned to oversee web site maintenance.
- Website is not scalable. Preparation has not been made so navigation buttons can be added to meet future needs. Web pages or other content cannot easily be added or removed.